Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not dead yet


Guys, Thanks for the flowers but I'm not dead yet, just slowing down on posting the mundane. When I have something worthwhile I'll post it.
I think I've about run out of things to say and posting the same TNA trades over and over is boring.
I started this blog for me and if it has turned into something else that benefited you then I'm happy to have helped you, but I don't care if people visit this site or not. I've never had links to bring in traffic or allowed myself to be prostituted by advertisements. If you find this approach refreshing, then follow my lead and start something similar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still not interested in being involved in your hedge fund. You are sort of the enemy.
However I will be interested in watching your movie about the daytrader who becomes a bankrobber to feed his losing habit.
** Had to change the blog template as there was too many glitches with the old one 8/21/10

4 comments:

bluecollartrader said...

I've committed to never having advertisements on my little blog and have expressed it from the beginning.
Within the past few weeks, I had another blogger ask me to list his blog as one I "follow." It was a first for me and I hesitantly complied. I later found out that he was selling his house and it was prominently displayed as the main post on the blog for a while. The site is coated in advertisements as well. I couldn't help wondering if I was being used in some way. Yesterday, a post he made to my blog displayed his blog address in the text unnecessarily. I posted his comment after editing to remove the self-promotion.
I have nothing against commerce nor am I cynical about its existence. I am a dyed-in-the-wool capitalist. It would be hypocritical to both participate in the market and criticise it at the same time. But there is something unseemly about using something (a blog, in this case)that was designed specifically as a journal, for altruism or non-promotion as a means of promotion.
Given this recent activity, I've decided to remove the "Blogs I Follow" area from my site.
Your sentiment rings true.

Day Trading Fool said...

Ahh... I can start breathing again! =)

If you are looking for posting ideas - I wouldn't mind getting some idea of how many trades you do a day - or how many times per day you recognize and exploit an edge. Maybe something like a time of day vs. single trade PnL chart (with no values on the y-axis if you want to keep that info private).

I am just beginning to realize/acknowledge that every single moment of every day presents a trading opportunity (whether I am present for it or not, and whether or not I can capitalize on it). There is probably also an edge for every moment of the day, but we don't see them all. I am also beginning to acknowledge that each trade is what it is - and I need to limit myself with what I can completely and comfortably take responsibility for. I am just curious as to how often you get in on relatively small profit profit opportunities.

This might be a pain in the rear depending on how your PnL software is setup, but I thought I would throw it out there.

joshua said...

the other day the blog was covered in these "photobucket overload" images.

i liked the look of the new blog but this layout may be better because we can search your posts and it organizes the posts by day just like the old blog did.

Scott said...

ya, that photobucket thing was the last straw. the other new layout didn't permit me to easily link to my own posts or show the time of the post and a few other things.