Thursday, July 1, 2010

Longer holds





I am a day trader and always have been for the last 8 years. A couple of days ago though I decided to try my first swing hold, AAPL short. The sickening fanboi hype on the ipad , the ensuing technical issues and don't think me callous but Steve Jobs looks like death warmed over coupled with declining markets made me want to try something new for me.
First short on the big pop and added shares about $5 lower, cover today $15 lower.
Another was FAZ from yesterday. Added at the same time as the VXX chart from yesterday shows, wound up with a $2+ ride.
I can't say that I like this form of trading. Compared to being in cash at the end of the day, the risk seems too great. It worked out but momentum day trading is still tops for me.
1st chart AAPL short
2nd chart AAPL cover











FAZ long


















FAZ sell

2 comments:

Bob said...

I got clobbered today - wondering how you did. Any advice for days like today? Hindsight sees plenty of moves in the market...

Scott said...

dtf-today was a good day, lots of decent moves in realtime sight too, gold stocks for instance, APOL,RIG.
today was just a normal day in the markets up, down, sideways and chop chop